Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Beware the Brown Side

"What are we going to do tonight then, Brown?"
"The same thing we do evey night Pinky, TRY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD."

I'm currently formulating a theory that Dan Brown is actually the infamous DARREN BROWN in disguise. A disguise even more fiendish and cunning than Superman's specs and reversed side-parting. Darren Brown, the mind control "artist" who, while we sit at home and watch him twist his subjects minds on TV for our supposed viewing pleasure has really been slowly brain-washing us. I believe that the Da Vinci code also serves this purpose. Within the front and back cover is not just a cleverly written and engaging story (as he would like you to believe) but also subtle, suggestive words with two purposes: -

1) to make the reader believe that he/she has read the best book ever and recommend it to all their friends and read all "Dan" Brown's back catalogue.

2) to turn the reader into a "sleeper agent" who, on some trigger word, can be called into the service for the Brown Side when he makes his move.

Of course I've no way of proving this theory, as I'd have to read the book to do this, which I can't cos then I'd become a zombie myself! Catch 22.

Though surely anyone in their right mind can see that this is the case, simply from looking at all the people on the train reading these books, and the fact that, last time I looked, Darren Brown had taken over 40% of the top-10 book sales chart. If that's not unnatural then I don't know what is.


{a clever disguise}

0 replies:

Post a Comment