Friday, May 13, 2005

Genius Idea #1

What's the name of that child-star actress from the 60's - I think she was in Breakfast at Tiffany's or something.  Dark hair, brown eyes.  There's a famous pic of her with long gloves on and a cigarette in a long filter.  I can't get "Natalie Wood"s name out of my head, but I know it's not her.  I just ask cos I saw a lady on the train with that picture printed on her handbag and I came up with a brilliant business idea aimed at total geeky kids.  You know how you get fan sites with on the Web for people that list pretty much everything about the subject star, with loads of pics and tell you about their latest appearances and news etc?  Well I thought you could do the same for old dead stars too that people may be interested in learning about, like Marilyn Monroe, Natalie Wood, the girl on the handbag etc.  It would be like one of those magazines you collect to make something (scale replica of old boat, etc), except you'd get info and pics every week and the subscribing geek would use these to update his (probably a "he" anyway!) website (made from templates in the first issue).  And then it would eventually end with the star's death.  Kinda like a DIY biography.  Not sure what kinda person would think it's fun to make a pretend fan-site for a dead person (pretending they're alive that is, as would all be written in the present tense).  But aside from that I think it's a genius idea.

0 replies:

Post a Comment