Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Rebel Without a Cause...

Here's my weekend briefly: Saturday, didn't do much. Some shopping in Croydon. Sunday, went to the gym in London, had to try out my new padlock I'd bought on Sat. Usual lathargic workout, then went swimming. Decided to swim ANTI-clockwise, as opposed to the way that the signs in each lane say to go. If someone asked me why I was swimming the wrong way I'd have said it could be one of 3 reasons: 1) I'm dislexic and so couldnt understand the sign telling me which way to swim. 2) I'm a rebel. 3) I'm just odd like that. Obveously the reason is #3 - further proved by the fact that when a lady came into my lane to start swimming I promptly started swimming in the clockwise direction. When I got bored of swimming the right way I sat in the hot tub for a bit and timed people swimming up and down on the big speedo clock.

On the train back from the gym I found I had a text from A (from here on referred to as G) asking if I was in London and wanted to go for a drink. I promply replied that I was and did. Hours later, I had my mobile in my hand about to ring him to ask what was going on when the phone started ringing and it was G!

Arranged to meet at Old Street tube station and go to a bar at some square. Drank too much (Gis one of my many friends who's a bad influence on me simply because he can drink more than I can). On the train back to Croydon I did my second act of rebellion - I sat in the First Class compartment. There was noone else on the train, so then again not so rebellious. However, my body wasn't feeling too great and about halfway through the journey I threw up all over the floor of the compartment and over my t-shirt. What a looser! Spent the rest of the journey at the window and prompty legged it when the train came into the staion - leaving some poor cleaner to cleaner my mess.

think I should buy this book next perhaps: Smashed: Story of a Drunken Girlhood ?

0 replies:

Post a Comment