Friday, July 08, 2005

7/7

The first hint that something not-quite-right was afoot in London came as I passed London Bridge Underground station on my way into work. It was about ten past nine. I heard a snippet of a conversation between a woman and a man. The woman seemed to be asking directions. "Where's Kings Cross station?" she asked the man. His reply seemed strangely random yet specific to my naive ears: "Do you mean Liverpool Street?". Two police vehicles had just blurred past me towards the City.

Shortly after I arrived at y computer at work. For some reason, I don't remember why, I opened up IE and the BBC news page (my home page) told me it had "Breaking News": Apparenlty power surges on various tube lines had caused explosions and people were trapped in the Underground tunnels.

0 replies:

Post a Comment