Friday, June 24, 2005

Music

3 Days to Coldplay!

It's Glastonbury weekend this weekend, the last before it goes on it's periodic break. But I'm not going this year (obveously, as I'm here and not sat in a field in Pilton). No one to go with, despite the fact that I do know people who are going. Oh well, hopefully it will rain on them like it did on us last year. Probably won't though, it's been so hot this week.

Tickets for Glasto, assuming you are fortunate enough to get them, cost about £120.00 each. Tickets (a pair) for Live 8 cost £1.50 per text to enter the draw, which you had about a 1/20 chance of winning. My sister paid a friend of her flatmates £180.00 for a pair of Live 8 tickets. I would have cost this "friend of a friend" £1.50 for these tickets. That's some mark-up. But her boyfriend really wanted to go for some reason, to see Pink Floyd apparently. And the line-up is really good. Even has The Killers. And Coldplay, who seem to be whoring themselves out to everyone this summer. I'd say even £90 is pretty good value for money to see U2, Coldplay, The Killers, Razorlight, Snow Patrol, Dido and Joss Stone. Assuming they're all on the same stage (probably not). But that's not really the point. The point is it's a charity gig, so selling the tickets for such a high mark-up is not particularly ethically sound and should not be particularly encouraged.

Anyway, Monday is Coldplay :o) And Supergrass, but I saw them last year at Glastonbury. I really should try and get to know more of their new songs .

1 replies:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As for Glastonbury, I think your wish has been granted...

25 June, 2005 21:05  

Post a Comment