Monday, February 21, 2005

Models, Babes and Babies

...My train journey back yesterday was probably more intersting though. I managed to jump on the 16:30 train to Euston just before it left, so there weren't too many spare seats. I looked for a table as I always do, the first one I found with a spare seat was with 2 black guys and a little girl of about 2 or 3. Little kids always make me feel self-concious for some reason, I think its the way they look at you so obveously without compunction.

Anyway, I didn't have as much space as I wanted sat at the table cos the guys were pretty big too, so when
pulled into Birmingham International I decided to switch seats to where a girl who'd just gotten off was sat opposite to get more space (she had had 2 seats to herlself). Shortly after I'd swapped, 2 young women walked past looking for seats together. One of them, a georgous girl with dark hair tied back in aponytail, slim figure and immaculate eyebrows asked me if the seat next to me was taken (I'd just taken my bag and coat off it). I said that it wasn't and that she could sit there, so she called to her friend that there was a seat free and she proceded to sit in my old table seat while her friend, equally slim and well kept but older, sat next to me.

Almost as soon as she sat down, the girl next to me started making a fuss of the little girl at the table. At Coventry some more girls who they knew came and sat with them, one gorgous blonde, another older blonde and a half chinese girl, none of which could be classed as ugly. These women were also captivated by the little girl. As much as I'd have like to, I couldnt talk to any of these beautiful ladies as they were so engrosed in the little girl. I did manage to overhear that they were coming back early from doing a "show" so I thought that they might be dancers (they were too slim to be actors). I also heard them say they'd been wearing feathers all weekend(!?). My dancers theory was proven wrong later on in the journey (when the little girl was resting) and they were engrosed in a magazine (MariClaire i think) and one of them exclaimed "That's me!", talking about an advert. Apparently you can't see her face (this was the really nice blonde one) and she'd been trying to turn into the camera so her face was shown "because that's the difference between 5 grand and 15 grand". So they were Models! Further deduction led me to believe that they were doinga show at the NEC, as they got on at International. And what was on at the NEC last weekend? (http://www.moda-uk.co.uk/uk_uk/index2.htm).

0 replies:

Post a Comment